The very last Shindig

Today I'm incorporating some of The Who Concert File into my timeline and
I noticed a problem.  Most sources list The Who performing "I Can't
Explain" on the last Shindig program which would be Saturday January 8th.
 In fact, unctuous host Jimmy O'Neill calls it "the very last Shindig."

However, The Who Concert File says they appeared on the penultimate
Shindig on Thursday Jan. 6th.  A quick check of "The Complete Directory
of Prime-Time Network TV Shows" says that at that time "Shindig" was
indeed appearing on both Thursday and Saturdays.

So which is right?  Does anyone have any additional information?

                                     -Brian in Atlanta