Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #318

>From: Mike Lewis <mlewis@connectnet.com>
>Subject: Re: Is Your Web Site A Secret?
>
>>     Is your web site the best kept secret on the Internet?
><snip>
>
>Why are we receiving unsolicited advertisements on this mailing list?

I'd guess because they went to the trouble to subscribe, following which
they can post anything they want.  AFAIK you can't post to this list unless
you're a subscriber.  However, I have seen cases where the spammer
apparently can cause a message to be sent to all the accounts on a given
mailserver, which could include mailing-list accounts, depending on the
setup.

>Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 13:08:44 -0800
>From: keithjohnmoon@juno.com (Keith Moon)
>
>yeh, yeh!!!  like how Elton, in covering "Pinball Wizard" for the Tommy
>soundtrack throws in a little something "I can't Explain" in the bridge .

Excellent point.  I wonder whether Pete was actually doing a little payback
there?  If not, it's a great symmetrical coincidence.

>From: keithjohnmoon@juno.com (Keith Moon)
>Subject: a jazz sage . . . quite what that means, i don't know . . . a
>flavoured chicken!
>
>re: Mose Allison . . .

I saw Mose play here about 1.5 years ago.  Unfortunately, I can't report
that he's my cup of tea.  He actually plays the piano a bit like Pete plays
the guitar, he can get into vast crashing improvs that verge on chaos and
white noise, but it just didn't grab me.  He's very much a *jazz* pianist,
so if youse like that kind of thing you'll probably like him.

>Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 15:28:10 -0800
>From: Kathleen Pasquale <klpasquale@earthlink.net>
>Subject: Re: Simon Townshend
>
>Pete's birthday May 19, 1945
>Simon's birthday Oct 10, 1960

Paul's birthday: December 6, 1956.

Alan

"Never never hesitate, communicate, communicate..." --Pete Townshend