a jazz sage . . . quite what that means, i don't know . . . a flavoured chicken!

re: Mose Allison . . .

being a jazz fan as well as extremely into classic rock, i checked out
mose allison a few years ago (at pete's insistence) . . . i have a
nicely-packaged 2-cd set called "Allison Wonderland" (Rhino).  at the
time, it seemed a little elaborate and pricey for my first taste of the
"jazz sage," but after giving it a listen . . . !!!  i am an Allison
aficionado . . . these CDs offer an EXCELLENT track listing of Allison's
catalogue , , , more than a mere sampling, less than an overabundance
(y'know, when you've been listening to soooo much of a "new" artist that
everything starts to sound the same . . .)

great tracks include "Your Molecular Structure," "Lost Mind," "I ain't
got nothing but the blues," and "Baby, please don't go," etcetcetc . . .
not to mention the tunes Our Boys covered . . . highly recommended . . .
plugplug!

raine

"she was a devil with the face of an angel . . .
she was sweet and cruel
cruel and sweet
as homemade sin . . ."