Re: The Eccentric Fellow

WanChef noticed:

>more Ken Russell facts............its his Daughter who plays Sally Simpson in
>the film.

    Yes! I forgot about that. Something else interesting is that Ken Russell
uses a guitar-totin' Frankenstein monster quite symbolically in both "Tommy"
AND "Lisztomania".

John wrote:

>2.  The sets and costumes

    Mr. Russell certainly has a stylistic flair. Don't worry, you're not alone!
- I like the movie, too but I think it's an acquired taste.

Yellow related:

>I happened to notice a copy of "Lair of the White Worm" at a nearby
>video rental establishment just the other day, and while I did not
>see the director's name on the box I felt somehow...drawn to the film.

    Rent it sometime - story by Bram Stoker...

>On a slightly more relevant note, didn't Ken Russel also direct the
>critically acclaimed "Women in Love"?  It seems that I read that in
>one of those large paperback movie guides at some point, but I'm not
>totally sure.

    Offhand, I couldn't be sure, either. I'll check it out. Another
film he DOES direct is "Billion Dollar Brain". (One of 4 films based
on Len Deighton's secret agent Harry Palmer, played by Michael Caine).
Recommended viewing!

Brian noticed:

>You can also see him and his camera crew in the background of one of the
>shots in "Pinball Wizard."

    Never noticed that - I suppose I was always watching The Who! I'll have
to take a look next time.

Stoo