The Vapors

>I don't believe a word of this Jap business - even if I had the faintest
idea
>what it was supposed to mean. Is theresome American slang ref to
masturbation
>? Can anyone explain ?  Why should Pete make ANY ref to a one-off novelty
>single by a very minor power-pop group (no matter how charming their
leader ?)
>There's nothing in English slang culture -  unless people have been
HIDING
>somthing from me all these
>years ....

Dave Fenton ("the head Vapor") has said that the song had nothing to do
with that and that the suggestion originated in the U.S - it's certainly
not in English slang.  The Vapor's were managed by John Weller (Paul's
father) and supported The Jam on many occassions so it is quite possible
that Pete was exposed to them but I agree that it's extremely unlikely
that there is any link to ATBCHCE.  I'm curious - what is the name of the
company he (Fenton) is working for now?

Regards,
Denis.

Denis Bowler