Re: The Beatles...again...

>Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 MS KELLY D GILES wrote:
>
>I'd just like to ask everyone a question...why, why, why can we not
>seem to go for more than a couple of weeks without getting into a
>long boring discussion about the Beatles?

 There shouldn't really be any need to bring them up here at all. The
problem is, every so often some fool with more enthusiasm than brains (or
musical knowledge) will post a message raving on about how great The Who are
(which is true), but then they somehow feel the childish need to babble on
about how shitty The Beatles are in comparison (which is NOT true).
Consequently, other people (who usually have an i.q. that's higher than
their shoe size) will respond with more posts, explaining that The Beatles
were NOT shit/crap/overrated/homos/etc, and will try to explain (usually to
no avail) that it is ok to love The Who without dumping on another band that
may have been as good, but different.

                       Long Live Rock,

                            I.S.

                  Sacred cows make the best hamburger