"An Irish Evening"

>Andrew Thompson
>
>P.S. Does anyone have any inside info on Roger's playing with the
>Chieftains? I know they put out an album mixing Celtic with different
>Pop/Rock stars, but I remember seeing him playing bodhran (Celtic Drum) with
>them during a concert once, and I wondered what was up.

        He did a few concert with them before his birthday bash.  He appears
on an album called something like "An Irish Evening", recorded live in
Belfast.  It's amusing.  (I have it downstairs.)  He sings "Behind Blue
Eyes", "Raglan Road" [Irish folk-type song], and a silly old "London folk
song" (which he claims he had a heck of a time finding) to go with all the
Irish folk songs they'd been hearing all night.
        He didn't appear on "The Long Black Veil" (which I love, and would
have loved Roger to sing on), which featured Sting, Mick Jagger/the Stones,
Van Morrison, Sinead O'Connor, and lots of others I'm forgetting.  (Oh yeah!
Ry Cooder, Mark Knopfler, and Marianne Faithful.)

JenniferD
My Guitar         __   ____		http://www.nt.net/~jen/
\---\____________/   -     \	       Always under construction!
 :::=====================I  |	"I can't pretend there's any meaning