Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #214

Alan, re:

> Some of you US folks may have heard of the annual music conference South by
> Southwest which is held in Austin each March.  (I normally avoid it like
> the plague.)  However, Shel actually attended one year and sat on a panel
> (I didn't know this until it was over.)  It's a long shot, but if he
> attends this year I will make a point of seeking him out and trying to get
> at least his side of these questions and any others the list might have.  I
> suppose the SxSW lineup should be known around late February.

I attended the panel which included Shel (as well as Arthur Brown, D.J.
Fontana, Al Kooper, Stan Lynch, and a couple of other people I am
forgetting).  The way these panels usually work, there is a moderator
who leads about a 40 minute discussion on whatever the designated agenda
is, and then they open the floor for about 20 minutes worth of
questions.  Question-asking during the session is somewhat organized -
there is a mic set up at a centralized location and a line forms behind
the mic to ask questions.

I was lined up to ask Shel about the status of the remixing/remastering
of "My Generation" but never got up to the mic.  Someone ahead of me did
ask Shel a two-part question which included the MG issue, and he
neglected to answer the part of the question which dealt with the MG
master tapes.  I tried to catch Shel after the panel concluded, but he
was out of there before I could reach him...

> "When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
> *my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend

Recycling signature lines now, are we??  You didn't give Dave Kipp
nearly the amount of time that you gave the "dog's bollocks" guy!

JGraham