Roger & BARBRA & videos

Wanchef wrote:
>Does anyone remember Roger making an appearance in a Barbara Streisand video?
>Late 80s' I recall.
>Would love to get a collection of Rogers videos. Does anyone have this one?

Firstly, any true fan of Ms. Streisand knows that her first name is missing
an "a" and is spelled "Barbra".  I am NOT a true fan of hers, but by noting
this I have hopelly preempted much hate mail from those who ARE obsessed
with her (not to mention those subsribers to this list who are compulsive
about spelling).  :^)

The song in question was called "Emotion" if memory serves.  The legendary
Who Girl thought I was completely insane when I mentioned this video but one
day we were at a record show together and stumbled upon a Streisand
biography.  There is the exhaustive index was an entry for Roger, and I
finally had my proof!

Wanchef asks an excellent question about a collection of Roger's videos (or
Pete's, for that matter).  I'm a little bit surprised one hasn't
surfaced--after all, how difficult and costly could it be for some company
to produce one?

Maybe those among us with "connections" (i.e., not me) need to persuade MCA,
Atlantic/ATCO, etc. to recognize an official Who fan club and issue videos
and rarities directly to us.  In addition to Roger's and Pete's videos (plus
John's "Too Late The Hero" and the few Who videos that have never been
released), I'm thinking of CDs collecting Roger's and Pete's solo rarities.
For Roger this would include "Gimme Some Lovin'" and his live "Pictures Of
Lily" plus movie soundtrack songs, while for Pete there are many solo
B-sides (e.g., the excellent "Dance It Away") that have never been released
on CD, plus things like "Ascension Two".  Maybe Rhino can get the rights to
these?

Rich
an Ethel Merman fan