Glitter vs Proby and Idol vs Waters - the results

        The response for this poll was pretty good!  It could've been
better, but I'm pretty happy.

Votes for:

Glitter 24      57%
Proby   18      43%

Total of 42 votes cast.

Jim Adair wrote:
>Proby (because I haven't forgiven Glitter for smashing Roger's eye)

Votes for:

Idol    20      54%
Waters  17      46%

Total of 37 votes cast.

Michael Shannon wrote:
>Although I really liked Idol as the Ace Face, I am truly impressed by
>Waters.  [snip]  Maybe he is too "nice" to get Roger angry...but I also
think >that Idol was too rough to be the Bell Boy.  In my opinion, Waters
was >believeable in both parts:  He looked slick enough to be the Ace Face
and >"good" enough to be the Bell Boy.

Kevin Cherry wrote:
>Idol and Glitter get the vote, but if I had been going
>on just the NYC MSG shows, I would have to say the new guys. [snip]
>Both duos were good, but I felt Glitter and Idol had more stage presence --
tho >not enough to upstage the great ones.

Kenneth Hawkins summed up the feelings of many people when he wrote:
>preferred Gary Glitter to Proby (too hammy in imitating Elvis) and
>preferred Ben Waters to Idol (for the simple reason that he remembered the
>lyrics and sang them well!)

Bill Lukas tied on all scores.

There were some interesting alternatives that were not offered on the
ballot, but were written in.

Mark Tilson wrote:
>Ace Face - will you let me vote for Ade Edmondson (Hyde Park)?

        Looks like Gary Glitter and Billy Idol were the favourites, but that
by no means is indicative that PJ Proby and Ben Waters - and every other
GOdfather and Ace Face - were not good at their jobs.
        And, of course, this was by no means a professional poll.

JenniferD
My Guitar         __   ____		http://www.nt.net/~jen/
\---\____________/   -     \	       Always under construction!
 :::=====================I  |	Any good ideas for quote material?