Re: Moonie's death...where were you?

I was laying on the couch, watching the evening news on WALA in Mobile.
I was waiting for the sports segment for some baseball scores (this was
pre- CNN or ESPN).  Still remember that Wayne Barnett was the anchor.
They had just come back from a commercial, and the screen in the
background had the words "Rock Star Dies."  It took him about 10 seconds
to do the whole blurb.  I had the same chill run through my body that I
had when I was told that each of my grandparents had died.  I got up &
went to my room - without even hearing the scores I was waiting on.  I
didn't believe it at first, but it gradually starting sinking in.  That
night I eventually wrote a four stanza poem for Keith (which I finished
at school the next day).  I've still got it buried somewhere amongst a
bunch of song lyrics I've written over the years but never matched up
with music...

JGraham