Daltrey Pirate-d

Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of Remy Martin....

Roger's latest acting turn shows up in a couple of days on TBS's new
special,  Pirate Tales (TBS, Sun. Aug. 24, 31, 9-11 P.M.).  The show is
apparently a nonfiction dramatization of various pirates' lives, with
Daltrey as the pirate narrator, William Dampier (a pirate of the 17th
century).  Quote from his narration:   "The pirates were very democratic,=

with their own Bill of Rights!"  Wow.  Sounds like stellar writing there.=

<g>

Daltrey also gets to dress up in pirate gear and wave swords around while=

he tells the story, according to the review by Ray Richmond in
Reuters/Variety Entertainment, August 18th.  Richmond was unenthusiastic,=

but at least this gives us all a chance to remember those great campy fil=
ms
that Roger used to star in, such as TOMMY and LISTZOMANIA.

If anyone gets to see this (I don't get cable, unfortunately), let me kno=
what it's like.  I'm dying of curiosity.

BTW, this prompted some interesting remarks from my husband (known as The=

Dark Half):

"This started me thinking- what if Roger had stayed in pirate character
during the concert.....
I wonder...   wonder...   wonder...  =

'Arr- can you be seeing the real me, sez I'

'Tis a girl she be, tis just a girl, sez I'

'Arr- how many mates have I?  Tis on but a single hand ye can count them,=

which be a good thing, sez I, as me other hand's a hook!'"

What can I say--he's been watching too many SIMPSONS episodes lately. <g>=

- --Carolyn
"Wonderful Radio London--whoopee!"