Wisconsin Who fans

The now-immortalized WHO GIRL wrote:

>I thought it was funny that when the people around me were looking at my
>plate and saw that it was from Wisconsin they got a funny look on their
>faces and asked if I *used* to live in Wisconsin - - no, my friends, I still
>DO!! Yes, I came this far to see the greatest band in the Universe and yes,
>there is more to Wisconsin than just cows and Green Bay Packers!!

There is indeed more to Wisonsin than cows and Packers--why, there's a
sizeable group of rabid Who fans here in Madison (population under 200,000)
alone!  Per capita, we may have the greatest concentration of Who fans of
any community across this great land, and it would CERTAINLY be a sensible
idea to have a WHO CONVENTION in, say, Chicago (hint hint to the
powers-that-be).  Not that I'm trying to start a "my dad's stronger than
yours" competition; I'm merely addressing opinions I've heard from a few
East Coasters that New York is the ONLY sensible place to stage a Who
convention...

Vince Lombardi
(have you seen my postage stamp?)