Re: New limited Ringo All-Starrs CD featuring The Ox

At 17:53 8/13/97, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 08:02:35 -0500 (CDT)
>From: bkawa@ix.netcom.com
>Subject: New limited Ringo All-Starrs CD featuring The Ox
>
>I just bought the new Ringo live CD that's being sold exclusively at
>Blockbuster Video/Music! It is absolutely AMAZING!! It blew me away. It is
>called "Ringo Starr and his 3rd All Star Band Volume 1". It is only
>$5.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has 12 songs and it was recorded in Budokan
>Hall, Japan in 1995. Here is the track listing:

Thanks for the reminder, Bruce.  Glad to hear the sound is good (great),
but I really regret they chose to put Boris on this instead of My Wife.  My
Wife was the only place in the whole show except the encore where John got
to solo or even stretch (I saw the show in San Antonio), and as you might
imagine he blew the roof off the dump (and it was an outdoor show :-).
Boris is just played as it appears in standard releases.  Guess those
behind this CD didn't care about showing off John to his best advantage.

>Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 13:32:54 -0400 (EDT)
>From: DayTriper1@aol.com
>Subject: Re: New limited Ringo All-Starrs CD featuring The Ox
>
>Is this not the same band that also had Mark Farner from Grand Funk Railroad
>on guitar? Man, the Ox and Farner? What a combo....

Yes, it is.  the guy who said it wasn't is apparently thinking about a
different Ringo All-Starr lineup.  I'm no Grand Funk fan but I appreciated
Farner's excellent vocals in the '95 show.

And just to put all my thoughts in one post, this list is NEVER the place
to post chain letters.  (IMO, there is NO place they should be posted
including private e-mail but that's another story).

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend