a new found album

Hello everyone. While cruising the used record bins, I found a Who album =
that I'd never seen before, so I bought it. Called POP HISTORY VOL 4,  =
THE WHO. It is a double album set fromPolydor, and printed in Germany. =
Record #1 has the date 1969 on the inner edge, and record 2 has the date =
1970 on the inner edge. The front cover has an orange w/purple design =
around a green/white picture of the band smiling (Pete has over the ear =
length hair, John has shoulder length hair, parted in the middle, Kieth =
has a white vest, and mid-neck length hair, and Roger has a shoulder =
length colledtion of fur-hair, with a cross around his neck.). The back =
cover is orange, with a listing of the cuts (to follow). The fold =
out/inner covers, on one side have linner notes in German and English =
(text to follow), and on the facing side is a picture of 12 other albums =
- - 4 from the Who, 1 collection, one with the Who/Jimi Hendrix, 1 Jimi H, =
1 Eric Burdon, 4 POP HISTORY (Cream, Jimi, James Brown, Lovin' =
Spoonful). All are listed with catalogue #'s and German (DM) prices.

Album Cuts: (total length, 38 + 39 minutes =3D 77 min total)
My Generation 		14:27 (live, from?)
Heatwave		1:48 (Holland/Dozier/Holland)
Smash the Mirror	1:20
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde	2:24 (Entwhistle)
- -
Overture From Tommy	3:50
Doctor! Doctor!		2:50 (Moon/Entwhistle)
Mary Anne With the Shaky Hand	2:00
I Can See For Miles	4:05
Sally Simpson		4:10
=3D
Magic Bus		7:30 (live, from ?)
You See My Way	1:48  (Daltry)
The Acid Queen		3:31
We're Not Gonna Take It 6:45
- -
Summertime Blues	3:22 (Cochran et al)
Bucket 'T'		2:06 (Altfield/Christian/Torrence)
Our Love Was		3:07
Christmas		5:30
Don't Look Away	2:46
Call Me Lightning	2:21

The album was close to mint - good sound, 'for the era'. Great music.

Text from liner notes: (mistakes are mine)
"No group can have built their success on such mountains of wrecked =
amplifiers and loudspeakers as the Who - every concert performance =
witnessed the destruction of at least two loudspeakers. Today the =
destruction has subsided, but the Who have lost none of their appeal. =
Only Keith Moon's drumsticks suffer now - he wears out five pairs at =
each show; and meanwhile the Who's sound has been perfected, making them =
the most exciting rock group in the world today. It all started in 1965, =
when Pete Townshend (lead guitar), Roger Daltry (vocals), Keith Moon =
(drums) and John Entwhistle (bass guitar) were still called the High =
Numbers, playing cover versions of hit songs. But these four Londoners =
could not carry on forever on such plain musical fare; they worked on =
their sound in an old garage, and changed their name to the Who. Soon =
their wild stage performances and far-out clothes had won them thousands =
of fans. More than once Pete ran into trouble with concervative Britons =
who thought his Union Jack jacket brought shame on the entire Empire. =
Their early hits - 'Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere', 'My Generation', =
'Substitute', 'I'm a Boy' brought a new vein of irony into the hit =
parade.
The Who's success has lasted to the present day, in spite of their =
notoriety; most importantly, they are one of the few groups whose =
personnel has stayed the same for more than six years. Two years ago the =
Who recorded a double album which was recognized as the first 'rock =
opera', 'Tommy'. 'Tommy' sealed the Who's position as a group without =
equal in the world of rock music."

Original price sticker is 4 pounds 90.

Another note of interest is a Live album (on cassette) that I purchased =
in Poland last year. Called 'The Who Live' ("for sale in Poland only") =
released in 1991. this tape contains;
My Gen., I Can't Ex., Subst., Behind B. E., Baba O., Boris., Who Are =
You, Pinball., See Me, F. M., Love R. O' Me, Long Live R., WGFA., Dr. =
J., Magic Bus, Summertime Blues, and Twist and Shout. Sorry, no info on =
performance dates.

I also have a bootleg of the 'other TO show' from 1984 (not the one used =
for Who's Last, although the cuts are about identical, my version (in my =
humble opinion) is better - it was recorded of a simalcast/FM radio =
broadcast 'in stereo' (so it has some announcer talk at the beginning).

I'm willing to trade copies for live shows, videos, posters etc. email =
me privately at fairbairns@titanlink.com

Peace and Love to all