Re: Tich

Brian,

>Remember I asked about Roger singing "titch" instead of "bitch" in "It's=

In You" a/k/a/ "Virginia" on the new "Face Dances" CD?  It turns out that=

is what he is singing although the word is properly spelled "tich." =

Here's the definition from Patridge's Concise Dictionary of Slang and
Uncoventional English:

        Tich.  A nickname given to any small man.  E.g. 'Tich'
        Freeman, Kent's googly bowler.  It has also, since circa
        1925, been a nickname conferred by females upon a female.

Thanks must go to Max the Mod for pointing this out to me.  He also said
the name comes up in the 60's teen band Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich.

                        -Brian in Atlanta<

So that's where that group got that weirdo name....

As a devout Anglophile, I thank you!

- --Carolyn
"No easy way to be free"