Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #202

- --Boundary_(ID_NwyKjTpDBl9TYi25OmOc3w)

Been reading "the list" for about 3 month now - my initial 2 cents....
Went to the 8/3 PNC Arts center and 8/6 Blockbuster Camden shows, both
excellent !  Love the fact there is more PT electric and that the band is
smaller/tighter.
Appears the PNC show was the first TKAA encore appearance, making it ever more
special.
At Camden, Pete finished up WAY by unplugging his guitar , throwing it in the
air, slamming it down once on the floor (ala. Woodstock), and "offering" it up
to the audience as if to say "it could have been worse".  We wish!  What makes
these shows even more special is that my two sons (twin 21 yr olds) attend some
shows with me (more than just humouring me).
I date back to 1967 with the Who, first hearing TKAA on FM radio NYC with a DJ
called Rosco.
First saw them opening for the Doors at the old NY worlds fair "Singer Bowl" in
1968. Stage was in the round and conveniently broke down in front of me. From
reading the Barnes book/pictorial it appears I was probably an hour late from
seeing them in Atlantic City opening for Herman Hermits in probably 1965/66
(kicking myself 30 years later). My parents, I guess were HH fans!
My only "physical" contact with them was while waiting for an 11:30pm Filmore
east show, listening to the 7:30 opener around the corner, a fire broke out in
an old furniture store, prompting the now famous PT boot of a NYC policman.
Pete and co. spilled out onto 9th st and we walked up to second ave where they
fell into awaiting limo's . An Amazing Journey! (PS - that firday nite show was
rescheduled for Sunday afternoon). After that it's been more Filmore,
Woodstock, SUNY StonyBrook alma mater, MSG, Giants stadium, pete at the
Beacon/BAM/Jones Beach/ Supper club, MSG (4x), leading up to the most recent
dates!

- --Boundary_(ID_NwyKjTpDBl9TYi25OmOc3w)--