Re: Pete about Page...or it used to be, anyway

>  Agreed.I've said before that Page *may* have been inspired to write
> "Communication Breakdown" after being involved with "ICE" a few years earlier.

Ian:

Well, that's definitely a step in the right direction.

>  Yeah,he did.He also rewrote a few songs that he didn't originally write
> too,like when "Jumpin' Jack Flash" showed up with a new title on the Low
> Budget album.

I got in a debate about this very thing a few years ago on a Kinks list.
I said something like: "I hated to see The Kinks stealing from an
inferior source," and then a Stones fan jumped me about the inferior
part.
But you're absolutely right...Ray Davies did steal that riff. And he
should be ashamed.
I still like the song, though.

>  If the show is anywhere near as good as the ones that I saw last week in
> Montreal and Greatwoods,Mass.,you're in for a real treat!Have a good one.

Thanks, I did! You've seen the review. I just hope this points to a
future for the band.

- --

            Cheers                ML

 "It's more than a looking back...it's a bringing up to date.
  Quadrophenia is about where we're all at today...maybe you too,
  I don't know..."
            Pete Townshend