Va Beach thoughts....

We stayed a couple of extra days at the Eastern Shore, winding down from our
Who extraganza that started Thurs. at Nissan, wound through John's artshow in
DC Friday, Simon's show at the Birchmere, then the Who again Saturday night in
Va Beach.  I already posted an understated [not!] review on the Bristow show
and just wanted to add a little to those who've already posted about VA Beach.
 This too was an awesome show, although Roger's voice didn't measure up to the
previous show until about halfway through.  All previous superlatives apply to
5:15, Drowned, I'm One, Sea and Sand, Dr. Jimmy, LROM, etc.  The encore (or as
I like to call it, the second set) was just great.  An extended Won't Get
Fooled Again, with a little dueling and interplay between Pete and John during
the second half, and a tease of Pinball Wizard. Behind Blue Eyes/Substitute/I
Can't Explain, all with Pete going full blast on electric.  Then, my wish came
true when I heard Roger strum the opening chords of Naked Eye.  As you recall,
also one of MY favorites and this was a phenomenal version and featured Pete
jamming like it was the Young Vic!  much better than MSG.  Then Who are You,
another great rendition.  When Pete comes in with that first LOUD power chord
to announce the rocking version of the song you know the roof is about to get
torn off!  the last two times now he has ended the song with a ferocious 2-3
minute jam that sounds very much like some of the jamming in the Live at Leeds
My Generation....... someone who is going to  the remaining shows please
listen for it and  let us know.

Anyway, we had a great time and it was well worth the effort and expense to
see more than one show!  there were good seats available from "independent
vendors" at VA Beach at cost, so if you are near enough to the remaining shows
and can make it, go for it.  Last but not least, we bought one of John's
lithographs of the Spirit of '76 at his art show, a whimsical, WBN-type view
of the boys, and he signed it to me and my fiance and posed for pictures.  Now
I've shook hands with Roger, Pete, _and_ John, and can say that one of my
life's goals (albeit smaller than others) is complete.  Have Fun at the rest
of the show Kids!

p.s. I don't think Pete was backstage at Simon's Birchmere show.  There was _a
guy_ in John's entourage, said to be a friend from California, who looked very
much like Pete -- several of us at the Who's Art show in DC thought it might
be Paul Townshend but after talking to him one said it definitely was not.  He
was also at Simon's show, sat outside in the back rows for awhile and then
went backstage.