Re: Pete about Page

>Date: Sat, 09 Aug 1997 Mark R. Leaman wrote:

> If I were going to
>cite a song from that album, I'd use Communication Breakdown (a very
>Who-like song)

 Agreed.I've said before that Page *may* have been inspired to write
"Communication Breakdown" after being involved with "ICE" a few years earlier.

>>  My recollection is that the song he said that he was trying to play was
>> "All Day And All Night"
>
>That does make more sense. Davies himself must have liked it, because he
>rewrote it several times...

 Yeah,he did.He also rewrote a few songs that he didn't originally write
too,like when "Jumpin' Jack Flash" showed up with a new title on the Low
Budget album.

>Speaking of which, tomorrow I will be
>seeing The Who (and several of you, I hope) at Raleigh. The recent
>reviews give me hope that it will be even better than MSG last year.

 If the show is anywhere near as good as the ones that I saw last week in
Montreal and Greatwoods,Mass.,you're in for a real treat!Have a good one.

                  Long Live Rock,

                         I.S.

                  Sacred cows make the best hamburger