Re: The Who in Toronto

> I noticed for the
> first time that the banjo (or whatever it is) in "I've Had Enough" is
> pre-recorded!  Go fig!

Jennifer:

I don't know if anyone else has responded to this yet--I have been so
busy going to Who shows lately that I haven't had time to read much of
the past week's mailing list.  I, too, saw the Toronto show--I wasn't
really planning on it...but on the day of the show I decided that I'd
hate myself for it later if I didn't drive up from Syracuse.  I also
attended the Great Woods show and the Darien Lake show.

My best seats of this leg of the tour were the ones I had at Darien Lake
last night.  I was in the 2nd row of section 202 (about what I had in
Buffalo last year) & from there I got a good look at things onstage.
That banjo bit isn't prerecorded--Jon Carin was playing it on his
keyboard.  It's not the real thing, sure, but it beats a recording.  I
hope that makes you feel better (not that you were losing any sleep over
it, I'm sure).

I wish I'd read the July 31 list before going to the concert last
night--I'd have picked you up your shirt and pin had I know there was a
Who fan in need.  Hopefully someone else heard your call.  I already
feel bad enough about having wasted a great ticket last night--I bought
four tickets to the show but could only find two friends willing to go.
I think I've got to start hanging out with new people.  I don't get it:
what kind of person would turn down a free Who ticket???  Oh well, I
guess it will make a good momento.

Sadly, I have no more shows on the schedule.  So, after 7 great Quad
shows in the past year, I'll have to sit back and live vicariously
through everyone else on the list lucky enough to be seeing the Who
before the tour ends.  You'll all love it, I promise!

- -Mike