Weekend Review

Hey Everybody!  It's Monday morning and I'm here to report about the
weekend I spent with The Who.

Saturday afternoon we took the long awaited drive up to Hartford, CT to o=
ur
first show this year.  5 hours not bad.  Got to the hotel late but still
made it in time to meet up  with some great people. Diane, Bob, George &
his friend (sorry I forgot his name), Ed & Eileen and Jim, Andy & I belie=
ve
Joyce from the O&S lists. Really nice people. =

Let's get on with it.  The show was great.  The boys started out strong a=
nd
got stronger.  Poor Roger had equipment problems (got a blast of feedback=

in his ear piece) and it did him right in.  He looked tense and down righ=
pissed off after that.  He started straining so much that he lost his
voice.  He finished the Quad section of the show and when the encore came=

it was only Pete and John on stage.  Pete apologized for Roger that he
would be back out but halfway thu WGFA Roger came walking back out and
finished.

All in all great show but 2 criticisms:

1.  Will someone please turn John UP!!!!  If anybody checks this stuff
please take the hint already and turn John the F%#$ UP!!!!!!!

2. I want Glitter & Idol back.  The kid's not that bad; he is just doing =
an
imitation of Idol but Prody; MY GOD.  He doesn't suit the roll & I though=
he was going to break into a song from Carousel any minute.  (Jen - I wil=
email you privately with my vote).
More about Prody in the Holmdel show.

Sorry Hartford but the Holmdel show blew you away.  I was worried about
Roger's voice and how much he was going to be able to handle but the
recovery was remarkable.  It was the best I have heard in a long time. =

Everything was just unbelieveable.  I have only these words for the show

TOTALLY F@#KING EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They were on fire.  I couldn't believe though that my entire section wasn=
't
standing.  I was 15th row right in front of Pete and everbody in front of=

us was sitting.  A few straglers here and there but mostly sitting.  Pete=

noticed it to because during one of his solos (sorry I don't remember whi=
ch
one) he walked to the front of the stage started playing at the crowd &
screamed "COME ON YOU MOTHERF#@KERS  -  GET THE FUCK UP!!!"    Already on=

my feet I started screaming and jumped up onto my seat but that didn't la=
st
long because my chaperone (husband) got me down because I was blocking th=
view of the people sitting behind us. And I mean people not fans - they
left in the middle of WGFA to beat the traffic out. CAN YOU IMAGINE!!!! =

WHAT F@#KING PLANET DO THESE PEOPLE COME FROM!!!.

The PJ Prody incident.  Prody comes out at his appointed cue but this tim=
is sporting a guitar strapped around his neck. (Very nice one too.  I
believe it was the Epiphone Elvis model I just saw in the Sam Ash catalog=
).
 During Pete's solo Prody stands on his little podium and starts acting
like he's playing it (I say acting because I don't know whether he can
play) and begins to do WINDMILLS!!!.  The look of disdain on Peter's face=

was just priceless.  I believe that if we all weren't there he would have=

walked across the stage and ripped this guys head off.

Jennifer I believe it was you who said in your review that Pete has been
toying with Pinball Wizard and that some lucky show is going to get it. =

Well we didn't get Pinball but can someone please tell me the last time t=
he
guys played "The Kids Are Alright" in concert because you can add it to t=
he
set list for Holmdel on Aug 3rd.

They completed the normal encore round of WGFA, BBE, Substitute & ICE. =

Roger picks up his guitar and ofcourse you expect him to start WAY but
instead he strums the first chord and sings

"I don't mind  - Other guys dancing with my girl"

Well needless to say I am back standing on my seat (my chaperone has give=
up by now) and screaming.  It seemed totally unrehearsed because John, Pe=
te
& Zak were just staring at him with confused looks on thier faces.  By th=
second verse they finally joined together.  Pete ended the song by playin=
electric by himself singing/asking the audience "Are you kids alright" -
"Let me hear from all you kids out there".

I couldn't have been more pump up.  I felt like I just downed a handful o=
Black Beauty's or Purple Hearts.  I put my head on the pillow but didn't
sleep all night.  I have 2 days of rest before I start all over again. =

Wednesday night Camden show is my last for this year.  Then the depressio=
sets in.  But I got 3 rolls of great film - I believe; they get developed=

today and a great Poster.  They were selling leftover Entwistle gallery
show posters at the Hartford show which were autographed by the Big Man
himself.  Thank god I got one.  I thought they were selling them at all t=
he
shows but when I got to Holmdel they had none.  When I asked the girl
behind the counter she said that they didn't know about any posters.

Well that's long enough!! For all those going to the upcoming show you ar=
in for a rare treat.  ENJOY!

KATHLEEN (running on empty but the engine won't stop) PASQUALE