Quad -- the movie ending

Because I'm on the digest version of this list, it makes it difficult to
respond to people's comments, so I'll just say this as a general sort of
comment:

With regard to the ambiguous ending of the Quad movie, I saw an
interview with Pete on VH1, interspersed between portions of the movie.
Pete said that the ending was MEANT to be ambiguous, so there really is
no right or wrong answer as to what really happens.  Also, he said that
if he had gotten his way, the movie would not have ended with the
scooter, and possibly Jimmy, going over the cliff -- he wanted it to end
with Jimmy asking for rain, and then getting it (i.e., it would start to
rain), while the song LROM played.  I can't remember exactly what his
explanation was about that (I taped it; I'll have to watch it again) --
I think it was along the lines of the Universe (as I like to think of it
- -- fill in your own spiritual term here) responding to requests -- sort
of a Louise Hay thing, if anybody is familiar with her stuff.

(If this post makes no sense, it's because I just joined this list last
week and might have missed part of the discussion about this movie,
since I don't remember it being discussed prior to the last digest.)

Rhonda