introduction to the group

Hello everyone, I'm new to the group.

My first interaction with The Who was in 1968 - 'I Can See For Miles and =
Miles' on CFRA=20
AM radio in Ottawa Canada. I've been hooked ever since. In fact, I =
suspect
that I am alive today as a result of the soothing effect of the music on =
my brain=20
during my rough times.
A goal in my life would be to meet 'the guys', just to say thanks for =
the music, and thanks=20
for the memories'. Sure it would be nice to see them record some new =
stuff- I wonder=20
how Psycoderelict (sp) would have sounded as a Who album...

I suspect that meeting them would be a downer - I don't really know =
anything about Rog's personallity, John (watching him play is such an =
experience) seems to have a really nice demeaner, but all I've heard =
about Pete, is, well, maybe on a good day,...but hey,=20
thats ok by me, after all, we are all just humans, not super humans.

Any suggestions on books to read (like an ISBN for 30 Years of Maximum R =
& B?)
I've read 'Behind Blue Eyes' - what can I say, over 50 years old and =
still trying to=20
come to grips with yourself...

I've been playing a bit of guitar, my 'group' (Road Kill - the name says =
it all) destroys=20
'Miles', Wizard', 'Behind Blue Eyes', and 'Fooled'. We play for fun and =
noise.

Loved the 'Quad' show in Vancouver - drove 12 hours each way to see =
it.The boys seemed to be enjoying their music, and their magic, much =
more so than in 1989.

My fav. album - Live at Leeds, either release - oh to have seen the =
show. Love the live edge to the music, love the R/B on it. 'right =
there'.

My favourites? I think 'Won't Get
Fooled Again', long, live version, as I can sit back and enjoy it. =
'Overture', and 'Underture', from Tommy,
as, for me, it builds up my expectations. 'Seeker', because I am. 'Lets =
See Action', just
because.
Other bands/sounds?, well, guitar blues...also YES, Jethro Tull, The =
Stones, Pink Floyd, SRV,=20
Finally, anyone have a distributor/cat. number for the video =
'Quadrophenia'?

Steve in Elkford, BC Canada