singer Daltrey "who dropped his twirling microphone" and best of all

	"balding, puffy faced guitarist Townshend [who] looked more like a
	crazed headmaster at an English boarding school than a former rock icon"

You can read the rest of this frankly amusing piece of crap at www.thestar.com
(go into the
 back issue archive and get Life/Ent for July 30)

In Canada, our press is still somewhat dominated by people in their  50s who
were raised in the English public school system (think of the Peter Fallow
character in Bonfire of the Vanities). This hack obviously is one of them -
note the "boarding school" reference.  So don't take the view of a critic who
thinks the Ox is "invisible" too seriously  -  he's just another aging
trendoid who can't wait to proclaim the "relevance' of Marilyn Manson (this
week's no-talent press flashpoint) while putting the boots to another alleged
dinosaur band.

Canadians love the Who.  My only regret is I won't get to see them in
Vancouver again.  I thought the Quadrophenia show here in October 96 was
superb.  I envy those of you who are seeing shows where Pete is playing more
electric again.  Keep the reports coming in.