Re: FACE DANCES: REVIEWED ON THE SONICS MUSIC SITE

At 14:53 7/31/97, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 20:41:46 -0700 (PDT)
>From: thesonics@earthlink.net (Jay Siekierski)
>Subject: FACE DANCES: REVIEWED ON THE SONICS MUSIC SITE

[rave review of Face dances reissue snipped]

>All the original artwork
>is restored and great new liner notes the albums history are informative
>and 2 cool unreleased pixs from the period have been included.

Wow!  Did you say *2* unreleased pix??  Be still my beating heart!!

I was with you right up until this sentence.  First, it's not clear to me
what "restored" means, as opposed to just "used", re: the artwork.  But
your credibility takes a _real_ hit in the pants when you call those
ridiculous liner notes "great".  The only liner notes I've ever seen on a
Who album that were worse were those included with the "It's Hard"
re-release which came out at the same time.  Both sets of "notes" are song
titles and where they were recorded -- and not even totally accurately, at
that, in the case of the "It's Hard" stuff -- and very damn little else.
They represent about the amount of care that MCA might lavish on a used
paper cup in the company cafeteria.

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend