Influences Pt. II

There was an interview with Pete where he talked about the early-mid 60's
in England.  ALL the groups were out together.  The first time he saw Hendrix,
he was out with Clapton.  But Jagger/Richards and McCartney/Lennon were
there, too.  So I think it's fair to say that they all influenced each other,
in vastly different ways that are probably untraceable because the roots
do get twisted.  I have to concur, though, that the Who are underrated.
Clapton is so revered as a guitar god--and he damn well should be, he's
amazing--but I think the Who are just as influential in their own ways.
I just think that a lot of what the Who is about cannot be seen as easily
as a guitar style.  So, do I think the Who are overlooked?  Absolutely,
but there's no way of proving it without delving into hours of research,
not just involving music but including club gigs and studio sessions that
were never released and private conversations--some of which probably
involved drugs and/or alcohol.

Kevin Cherry
00cherry@cua.edu