Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #104

>>Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 03:49:22 PDT
>>From: "Lucas Bleicher" <bleicher@hotmail.com>
>>Subject: [none]

>>There was a post some time ago with a guy bashing John Entwistle's
Anthology CD.
>>Is it really that bad? As I love John Entwistle's songs (His lyrics are
>>incredible), and as I have no doubt he's the greatest bass player of all
time
>>(The guy is my biggest idol), I was really thinking about importing that
CD or
>>"Thunderfingers". So, I would like to hear your opinions about it... And
of
>>course, about his bass playing on it. If it's not worth, where can I find
>>great solo JAE's CD with his stupenduous bass playing?

>>Lucas Bleicher
>>Forward e-mail: bleicher@who.net

Lucas,
That was me!  The Anthology is a real disapointment.  You will very little
interesting bass on this - which is supposed to be a collection of his
best.  My conclusion is that his best was and is with The Who - brilliant
as he is with them he is quite the ooposite solo.  I was unbelievably
disappointed with this and it has put me off looking at any of his other
work.  I think the songs, arrangements and performances are all far below
par.  Sad to find your heroes have feet of clay.

Neil