Re: The Who as an influence

> however, in regard to playing style, the sounds are completely different.
> hendrix and townshend have two completely different playing styles.

Their music, played live, is very similar. Need I say: feedback? Wild,
orgasmic & overwhelming power guitar, with a bevy of drum fills?
Sure, Hendrix was essentially a Blues guitarist while Pete is a
power-chord man from way back. Their playing styles are different and
distinct. But there are a lot of similarities in their live performance,
and Pete was the one Who Came First. Hendrix's music changed after he
went to England...could it be that he caught The Who live?
And just at that point, apparently from nowhere, he burst upon the
scene.

>         Sun, Aug 10, 1997
>                              The Who
>                              Walnut Creek, Raleigh, NC

Got my tickets for this one. Anyone here going to be there?

> And what about Dylan?

Of course Dylan. How far back do you want to go? Robert Johnson as an
influence on The Who (and Dylan, and everyone else for that matter)...

            Cheers                       ML