Re: The Who as an influence

In a message dated 97-04-26 13:31:27 EDT, mleaman@sccoast.net writes:

<< Is it a coincidence that Blue Cheer released a very Who-like Summertime
Blues a year after The Who first toured the US, performing it  in their set?
I don't think so. >>

It was an Eddie Cochran song first, was it not?

>Definitely. Taking just one song, My Generation, The Who were more
influential than any other band.

More influential to whom? And, besides just because you said so, can you back
this statement up with anything?

Top 10 in England, 74 in the U.S. charts. Besides you, who did it influence?

>The Beatles: influential, true, but look at who they influenced!

They influenced The Who. Or didn't you know that? After the Beatles made it
by writing their own songs, Pete Townshend started writing songs and The Who
became The Who instead of an R&B cover band.

*Wally*