Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #97

> Date: Tue, 22 Apr 97 08:31:19 -0800
> From: mlewis@connectnet.com
> Subject: Dance it Away/Cooks County (was Re: post-Keith stuff)
>
> I used to have the bootleg to the Madison Square Garden concert (the one in
> which Roger sings Happy Birthday to Kenney Jones from the 1979 tour), and I
> remember there was a version of "Dance it Away" (it was not the one that
> appeared as the "B" side of the single "Uniforms" released from "Chinese Eyes")
> that sounds like it could've been the framework for what turned out to be "Cooks
> County" from IH.  Pete sang this particular version on the boot, and I'm
> wondering if there's anybody out there who has this boot that might think the
> same as I do about this song?

I have that tape, if you want.  But I always thought that it was from the
spectrum in philly on Dec. 10th, '79.  Ok trivial pursuit:  When was
Kenny's birthday?  Or did they sing it for a few shows?  Just curious...
Anyway the version of Dance it away does sound like the makings of Cooks
county to me too.  There are a lot of recurrent themes in Townshend's
guitar doodles.  And I like em!  I just got my double deck back so I owe
righard one first, but let me know if you want tape of this to enjoy
again!  ****Happy Whoing!   ---mike

*  Michael Kaminsky       |Do, or do not;  there is no try! --- Yoda****
*  gsu0013@govst.edu      |Recycle electrons;  please reply! -- Me******