Re: Live at Leeds / My Generation

Hi people!
This is just my second participation on this list, and I like to get into
the Brian and Martin discussion if they allow me (sorry if I bother).

Martin O. Screech answer to Brian Cady's 15 Apr 97 mail Re: Sparks v. Sparks
the following:
>I can't think of
>a contemporary band with the ability or balls (including the
>contemporary
>version of The Who) to just launch into a song and then see where it
>takes
>them (Zeppelin used to do the same thing). It explains the dullness of
>most
>recent live recordings.

Brian replied:
>Not only must a band be talented to do that, but they must also have been
>together for a while.  By Leeds Pete and John had been playing together
>for about 9 years and The Who for 6.  By then, they could read each
>others' minds.

I agree with Martin. Led Zeppelin (band I like much more than The Who) used
to do that almost everytime (even at their L.P.s). Which I don't agree with
is Brian's "...they must also have been together for a while." and "...for
about 9 years..."; because Led Zeppelin started doing that stuff right from
their beggining. Although Page and Jones did know each other, they were no
friends; besides, Plant and Bonham were totally unknown for them. Even so,
when they got together, things went just the way we know... and the rest is
history.

So: watching at the Led Zeppelin's facts, such as The Who's (I guess), and
many other classic bands, I'm able to say that what make a band being so
special (as this both), are not the balls, or the time they were together...
it's nothing else, but M A G I C.

Thanking you all in advaced...
A.C.C.
acc1@impsat1.com.ar
male-19-Argentina-Bs.As.-Psichology Student
Don't Let Anarchy Be An Utopia