Cache Cache live

> Someone else mentioned how great it would be to hear "Put the Money Down"
> live and I agree wholeheartedly, but they also mentioned that it was a bit
> like "Cache Cache" which it isn't, because the latter is about a stupid
> real-life drunken Pete episode, and the former is from "Lifehouse" and is
> about someone who is trying to find his way to the Lifehouse "bugaboo" and
> comparing it to a carnival of some sort.

"Put the Money Down" was a Lifehouse song? Well, I'll be jiggered.

The similarity I saw between the two is that they both seem lyrically to
deal with wandering around desperately, and that the moments when the
subject is making his way through life in a lonely, miserable, confused
way and when the subject finally reaches his destination, where he is
comforted or accepted, sort of parallel the subject's internal struggle
to come to terms with and understand himself. And, both songs invoke-
at least in me- strong memories of very hard and very real times,
waking up cold on ice and grit, tramping up endless hills past cozy
homes and sacred beds, getting lost on the back streets trying to get
wherever. The songs seem to be the subtle hells that some individuals
live through that deepen them and give them perspective, and the
miraculous or unexpected reward that comes through faith or persistance.

Then again, I guess it's possible to parallel Purple Haze and Squeeze
Box if you try hard enough.

- -Hart Deer
(deerdana@dekalb.dc.peachnet.edu)