'I've Been Away'

I tend to take it at face value.  That is, the narrator was framed by his
brother,
he's mad a hell for wasting his time/ life in jail and he doesn't want to
see his
brother ever again because of this.

I can see where your coming from though.  Being that his brother owns the local
brewery, he is a business man.  And in most business there are different and
separate transactions that make up that overall business.  In this case, this
one transaction which was a stupid one, emptying out the till was one he framed
his brother with.  Maybe there was bad blood between them.  But nonetheless he
owns the brewery which provides him with the money to use for bribary.  I think
the brother just wanted a quick supply of money, emptied out the till and blamed
his brother or there was something going on between the two of them that's not
explained in the song or both.

Clear as mud right?

Beau 'Wasp Man' McCrury