Re: Remasters

>I may be wrong, but I think the remastered albums are A Quick One, Sell
>Out, Tommy, Live at Leeds, Who's Next, and Quadrophenia.  Also, the latest
>"best of" collection called My Generation has some new mixes of songs,
>such as a mono version of Magic Bus.

That is NOT a new mix!!! It is an old crappy mix from who knows when. What
_should_ have been issued was a NEW stereo mix of MB. However, the CD does
have new remixes of LSA, WGFA, Squeeze Box, and WAY.

>I think someone on the list posted the WBN and WAY are due out in November.

Yes.

>Does anyone know if MCA plans to remaster TKAA or TWSMG?

Not sure about TKAA. My Generation (the proper title) should be issued
sooner or later, hopefully when they negotiate a deal with Shel Talmy, who
owns the master tapes. Once they cut a deal, they will have access to the
multitracks, upon with they can remix (stereo anyone?) and release outtakes.

Also due out are Its Hard and Face Dances. The new O&S is being worked on,
but the details are not yet there. Hopefully it will be a 3 disc set (at
least). Much discussion has been happening on the other Who list about this
set. It should be out sometime next year.

The IOW CD is due out on Sony/Legacy in October I believe.

Luke

- ---

LukPac@newrock.com
http://www.corenet.net/lukpac/