No Subject

Day 12

Godfrey, Alan and I met Bobby in the bar for a cup of tea.  We were
discussing the backing vocals that we were going to add to Endless
Vacation.  It took a while for us to loosen our voices up.  It's very
hard to sing in the morning and since John had turned in such a
stellar performance on the lead vocal we wanted to be sure we were
warmed up and ready.

Bobby placed us around a U87 in the vocal booth and we all knew that
these would be the last tracks we would be printing for a while.  The
plan was to all sing the harmony parts together and then double them
which is exactly what we did.  They came off without a hitch and we
were soon ready for the final mix.

After a short break Bobby set the desk up for mixing and started to
get things balanced.  John joined us in the control room and we
tweaked and fine tuned the tracks until they sounded right.  Bobby
printed the final mix on the half-inch machine and we were ready to
make copies of all 3 songs.  Bobby ran off a cassette for everyone and
a few DATs.  The 1st John Entwistle Band sessions were history and
there was a mixed feeling of joy and sorrow.  John had me fire up the
stereo in the bar and we listened to the mixes.  They sounded great
and we were pleased.

After a while I met up with Godfrey and Alan who were in the lounge
watching old Twilight Zone episodes.  We all sort of passed out and
when we woke up it was time for dinner.  Alan had a headache and
stayed home while Lisa drove John, Godfrey and myself to an Indian
restaurant in town.  Dinner was on Bitsa Talent which bummed Alan out.
I guess I'll have to buy him lunch at Heathrow to make up for it.

After dinner we returned to the house and once again listened to the
cassette mixes in the lounge.  We realized that we had no more work to
do so we hung around watching Doris ( the spider ) in her tank.  Doris
is a Tarantula and she's about 5 years old.  There is a house spider
that has taken up residence in her tank.  We affectionately named him
Morris.  I took some great video of Doris moving around.  She looks
animated and almost fake when she moves.

Alan was the 1st to turn in followed by Godfrey.  I stayed in the
lounge with John and we watched an old western with Burt Lancaster and
Gary Cooper and talked about the future.

All of a sudden I see the head of an old man peek around the door and
it scared the breakfast out of me.  It turned out to be Lisa with a
muppets mask on.  It's one of the old men that sit in the balcony
complaining.  I immediately wanted to dress up a dummy and place it on
Godfrey's toilet.  But they talked me out of it.  Not because they
were being kind to Godfrey but because they would have had to get the
clothes for it.

We watched the movie and all of a sudden John breaks out with a Burt
Lancaster impression.  The impression consists only of Lancaster's
clinched teeth laugh but it's was quite accurate and funny as hell.  I
was ready for bed but I stayed up for almost another hour waiting for
Burt to laugh in the film but he never did so it was off to bed.

3am