No Subject

Day 8

We began today's session by having Godfrey add a clean Stratocaster
sound and some acoustic guitars to the 3rd track.  That about finishes
the song except for John's vocal and some backing vocals.  Every time
we play back these tracks they sound better and better.  We can't wait
for everyone to hear them.  We are very proud of these tracks.  Next
up was John's 8 bar bass solo ( yes that's right I said bass solo) to
the 3rd track.  I have been playing with John on and off for almost 10
years and he never fails to amaze me.  I'm sure you'll all agree.

Now it's vocal time.  John is getting ready to sing the last verse of
Left For Dead.  Many of you may know that John hates to wear
headphones in the studio.  Bobby set up a special rig so that John
could sing without having to wear them.  He used an SM58 because he
knows John's voice and how to record it.  Bobby threw us all out of
the control room which is where the mic was setup.  John laid down his
vocal very quickly and we were soon invited back to listen to the
result.  They doubled the vocal track and it sounds great.

It's good to hear John singing again.  Now there is one in the can and
we've sent John to his room ( without dinner ) to compose the
remainder of the lyrics for the other 2 tracks.  However he broke out
and seizes the computer in order to write his "week 1" journal.  He
reads your mail whenever he can and is so happy with your comments and
support.  The truth is that he really cares what you think, we all do!

Godfrey and Alan are here with me as I am writing this days journal.
Alan has been locked in John's wine cellar and feels bad about not
chiming in sooner so he sends his best.  He has been working on a jig
and seeks his inspiration in the darkness of the winery.  Godfrey on
the other hand sneaks off to bed early and was almost the victim of
one of my pranks.  He also says to say hello and thanks you for
sticking by us.

We ended the night in the bar ( what else is new ) and listened to the
play back of the days work.  It was as good as we hoped it would be so
we spent the rest of the time patting each other on the back and
making plans for the next sessions.  It looks like we'll go to Ireland
to prepare and of course you all have a cyber invitation.  In other
words there will be journals kept on this trip too.