No Subject

Day 5

Today is a day off which means that we only played for about an hour
or so.  After that Dave (better known as odd job) was asked by John
and Lisa to set up the castle.  We were wondering what that meant????
We would soon find out.  It turned out to be a giant inflatable castle
like the ones that kids jump around in at a fair.  As we looked out
the window we could see this amazing rubber structure starting to take
shape.  After a while it was filled with air and standing proud just
off to the side of the archery lawn.  It looked sort of out of place
against the English countryside but so do a lot of things at Quarwood
like the '64 T-bird that Lisa was taking us for rides in.

Ken Jones' (our tour manager's) kids were the first in.  They did
flips and jumped around like...well like kids!  During all this Alan
was filming and also caught a hot air balloon taking off.  I was
informed that many a party guest wound up spending the night on the
rubber castle which made perfect sense.

I went inside for some lunch and when I returned the kids were
replaced by Lisa and Alan.  Alan gave up after a short while but Lisa
was doing flips and bouncing around like...well like a kid.  So I
decided to give it a shot.  With my luck, being 6'4" 205 lbs the thing
would pop and I would never hear the end of it but it didn't instead
it beat the crap out of me.  I can play drums flat out for 2 or 3
hours with the all time madman of bass guitar but this thing kicked my
ass in 5 minutes.  So for those of you that are parents, if your kids
invite you in beware!

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful.  We ate dinner, watched
some videos including one of an Irish dance company.  It sounded like
they were dancing to Jethro Tull.

John and I ended the day by walking the wolfhounds (Scarlet and Flynn)
around the grounds.  It is always a peaceful way to end a day--unless
a red fox happens to run by.  Those of you that have the Left For Dead
tour book have seen the dogs.  There is a picture of Scarlet on her
back in a bed and a couple of Flynn as well.  But since then Scarlet
has grown (a lot) and Flynn has to be the biggest dog I have ever
seen.  He is even bigger than Fitz Perfectly (John's last wolfhound)
who held the biggest dog record until now.  The pictures in the tour
book don't do they're size justice.

Tomorrow we start getting sounds with Pridden and begin tracking in
the afternoon.  I can't wait.  We all can't wait!

3am  off to bed.