Day 2

We began the day by reading all of the e-mail responses to the question
"what would you like to hear on a new JAE CD?" John was pleased with what
he read and agreed with 99% of it.  We had a cup of tea and then Bob
Pridden drove us into town where we ate breakfast and discussed the day
ahead.

We returned to John's studio and began shaking out our equipment.  I
noticed that John was using a very small setup with a couple of GK 10"
speakers and a small amp.  He called it his practice rig.  We called it
history about 10 minutes after we started playing because it just wasn't
loud enough..  Enter little Manhattan (John's stage rig).  Ahhhh now all is
right with the world.

Godfrey and Alan are losing their minds because of all the vintage
equipment that's here.  Every time you open a door you stand a chance of
finding anything from a 1959 stratocaster to a mini moog.  They are in
heaven. Things are not too bad for me either.  Some of Moonie's drums are
also here and I may use one of his snare drums on a track just for the
vibe.

We started running down a few different things and just having some fun.
Our day was cut short by a TV interview that John had to do.  It took place
in his bar next to the studio.  Afterwards we went out for dinner, returned
and started forming a real plan on how to attack this CD.  You will all be
proud to know that your suggestions and comments were a big  part of that
conversation.

Tomorrow the real rehearsals begin and we are all looking forward to it.

From: amck@eden.com (Alan McKendree)