Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V3 #553

At 04:53 PM 9/10/96 -0700, Peter wrote:

>Subject: Rolling Stone Snub

>I went to see Quad at MSG ... After experiencing
>this, I was looking forward to comments the band
>had and serious analysis of the shows from Rock
>Mags and the like.

     Serious analysis from "Rock Mags?" Particularly
Rolling Stone? Not a chance. They're nothing but
hype-machines for the latest fad, whatever it is.
Their constant label for The Who since about 1975 is
"dinosaur." Their writers are genetically incapable
of looking beneath the label for any meaningful
period of time.

>I have seen nothing yet.

     And you won't.

>The biggest dissapointment was Rolling Stone,
>of which I have been a subscriber to for 10
>years now. What's the deal here?

     See above.

>Does anyone know of any well done reviews of
>these shows?

     Point your browser to http://www.eden.com
and peruse the Hypertext Who. In particular, check
out Bernd Gramlich's reviews of Hyde Park and MSG.
Traditional media reviews won't be any better than
those ...

Bob

From: Brian.Cady@turner.com