Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V3 #595

Howdy--

Regarding:
>        Pete's ... came down and punctured his hand with the whammy bar.
>     Apparently it went stright through but luckily didn't cause any nerve
>     damage.  He went offstage for treatment with Roger screaming at him

>     with a nastier word than "wimp."

Huh?  First I've heard of this.  Can anyone confirm?

  I didn't realize that Roger got pissed at Pete, but I remember when
that happened--and I remember the bandage/glove thing Pete wore when I
saw them perform in LA in '89.
  I was blown away by the guy--and how he could still play like that
with that thing on his hand.  Dang.