San Jose's Shows!

Wanted to give a quick review to the weekend's shows.
I have been reading everyone's personal reviews for the Northwest and
was hoping to see something special when the band got to the Bay Area.

Opening band was the Hypocrites,(I think) Very boring with nothing
special to show.
Show Sunday was not sold out and the back upper sections remained empty
all night.  Sat was packed!
Sat. night Pete was rushed to the show after doing a quick 25 minute
acoustic set at the Neil Young Bridge Benefit up the road at the
Shoreline Amphitheater, doing 5 tunes.  ``The Kids Are Alright,'' ``I'm
a Boy'' and ``A Legal Matter'' -- then added ``Drowned,''and ``Behind
Blue Eyes.''  That must of been a great show too.  David Bowie showed up
too.  Check out the review from the S.F. Chronicle

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/chronicle/article.cgi?file=DD1602.DTL&directory=/chronicle/archive/1996/10/21

Anyway, the most unique thing was that Roger & Pete looked like they
wore the same outfit each night.  Pete in his black suit and Roger
wearing his known jeans with denim shirt and then white tank top.  Roger
is clearly in better shape then even the NY shows. (No fake tan
either.)  They both looked good.
The shows are getting to be very cookie cutter type but the band is
getting tighter and tighter.  Simon  stepping up more and more each
night. Zak solid as ever!
Pete did not put on electric until Love Reign O'er Me and only one
windmill at the end of the "Q" set.
Encores for both nights the same as rest of tour, WGFA (with John), BBE,
and WAY which sounded great with Roger's voice going or I should say
gone.  Sat. night also had a nice quick Substitute that was great!

The basic review.  Roger and Pete's voices were shot.  Roger needs some
days of rest.  His voice sounded truly horse especially on Sunday!  I
wish they did something special for the Bay Area but the theater of the
event is getting better and better.

Rumor has Pete playing with baby Simon tonight in San Ramon.  Now that
would be special.

San Jose Arena is a nice place to see a show.  Smaller than the Oakland
Coliseum and larger than the ARCO in Sacramento.  Sound was very good.
Loud but not as loud as WHO shows of the past.

Who has tapes?

Keith D.
slip_kid@slip.net