Tacoma

Haven't seen any posts about it, so I guess I'm the first one out of bed
this morning.

Set List::
Quad (all of it)
(Encore:)
WGFA (acoustic, Rog and Pete only)
Behind Blue Eyes
Boris+
Naked Eye
Who Are You

This was a really great show, better in many ways than Portland - Pete
played a little more aggressive electric, more leads, the mix was better,
the crowd was a little more into things.  Pete's voice was not as good,
sounded a little hoarse, ended up yelling a lot of his lines.  The taped
narration was more annoying to me tonight.  Really got in the way.  I
repeat my call for Billy Idol to be pistol-whipped and dumped in a river,
and for the final harpoon to be inserted in Gary Glitter.  Please, put
them out of my misery...

Don't care if (opening act) Hovercraft is Eddie V's squeeze's band...if
it is her on bass, then she sucks as a bass player, and her band
certainly is nothing more than annoying crap that is masquerading as
"art."

There were many problems with guitars all evening, which finally
culminated in Pete pulling off his red strat at the end of Who Are You
and slamming it down on the stage in front of him, which (as you would
expect) drove the place absolutely nuts.  He then stepped back and bowed
very slowly to the audience, which was almost like him saying: "there!
I've done it...are you fucking happy now?"  I think he may have felt some
pressure from the crowd to windmill, because the first one came earlier
tonight than in Portland (in The Rock), which sent the fans into a brief
frenzy, and later in the encore he ripped off about six slashing
windmills back to back.  Again, pandemonium in the audience.  He was
looking a quite bemused by the reaction.  Shades of the first Quad
tour...he may be windmilling to beat hell by the time this tour is
through.

The opening two verses of The Dirty Jobs have been switched.  Sounds
weird to me... Simon does a very nice job singing the first half of the
song.  I thought his lead playing was better tonight than on Portland,
but I could also hear him a lot better.

Volume in general could have been a bit higher for me personally, but I
like it a little louder than most.  It was definitely louder than
Portland.  My wife wore ear plugs in Portland and was fine.

Pete's leads tonight were truly awesome at times.

I went to the show with a drummer friend, and he was watching Zak and
just shaking his head at how good he was and how effortless it looked.

Roger, after returning to the stage for the encore:  "You knew we'd come
back... We always do...it's such bullshit even going off stage..."

Roger was picking up his guitar to play Naked Eye before Boris+ was even
finished.  All of them looked like it was like paying rent to do that
song.

Who Are You started with Roger on acoustic, doing a very nice job.  The
band joined in exactly where you think they would (after Pete's quiet
guitar noodling) and they flat blew the top off that song, finishing with
Pete's slamming his guitar down on the stage...whatta finish!.

On the drive back to Portland at bout 1:30 AM, it was raining real hard,
but when Love Reign Oer Me came on the cd player, as if on cue, I got
caught in one of the most *ferocious* downpours I've ever been in.  I had
to pull off the freeway because you couldn't drive.  I had the song
cranked, and I was laughing at the way it was all happening...

OK,
KLW