Re: The Who Mailing List Digest

>From: white-fang@genie.com
>Date: Mon, 14 Oct 96 00:58:00 GMT
>
>hMMM... that's funny. Yesterday I posted instructions of how to signup for
>"Odds & Sods" and it's Web site at www.yami.com/odds&sods and it was
>*censored*. All that got posted was the header. I *wonder* how that happened...
>
>- -wf

I wonder *whether* it happened.  I don't deny (nor confirm) that part or
all of your message didn't appear (I have no idea), but recall that
"censorship" implies conscious intent by an acting entity, which seems
unlikely in this case in my opinion.

As administrator-du-jour while Paul's out on honeymoon I can tell you that
I exert no control at all over list content, which would mean that -- since
your above message (including the mention of "Odds & Sods") got through --
Paul would have had to have written a program before he left to check
thewho postings and specifically filter out signup instructions for
thewho@yami.com.  On the chance that that might be the case, if you'll send
that message (or any other that you think is not making it through for
whatever reason) to amck@eden.com with instructions to forward it to
thewho@igtc.com I'll be happy to do so, and/or you could just try again.
If none of this works I personally will see to it that signup instructions
are posted.

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend