Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V3 #576

At 12:53 10/6/96, TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com wrote:
>From: salamander@MADNET.COM
>Date: Sat, 5 Oct 1996 15:15:56 -0500
>Subject: Re: Who stuff
>
>Oh, and ONE MORE TIME I'd like to make a general announcement to
>everyone on the list:
>PLEASE, PLEASE, everyone be VERY CAREFUL not to quote the entire list
>when you post messages! It is incredibly annoying!

True enough. However, this latest total-requote seems to be from an odd
method someone's host has of reporting a full mailbox.  I am going to try
my newbie-list-administrator best to unsubscribe the offending address to
avoid further problems.

>From: "Jennifer L. Davies" <jen@nt.net>
>Date: Sat, 5 Oct 1996 18:09:32 -0400 (EDT)
>Subject: Who break-up
>
>        On what date did the Who officially call it quits?  The date
>December 16 of '83 seems to have something to do with itt.

Your probably mean 12/17/82, which was the date of the last show of the '82
tour.  It was in Toronto.  This tour and this show were widely referred to
as the last tour and show, respectively, that The Who would ever do (some
think that actually was the case...:-)

>From: Nikhil Dhoot <sg96697e@dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu>
>Date: Sun, 6 Oct 1996 14:06:01 -0400 (EDT)
>Subject: A message for The Who Mailing digest.
>
>Hi guys,
>I am a new member of the WHO MAILING DIGEST and tthis is my first
>message. I am from India. Do any of you guys know if THE WHO is really
>performing in Philadelphia on 17th Nov. I have been hearing it on 93.3
>WMMR(Philadelphia's home of rock and roll) but there has been no real
>publicity as yet. If any of you guys know anything Kindly let me know. I
>would not like to miss this once in a lifetime opportunity.

True.  Tickets have already gone on sale but you should be able to find
them from agencies in the area, or perhaps there are some left at the
Spectrum box office.  Don't pay too much attention to publicity or lack
thereof.

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend