Re: More on the Remasters

>>As far as I know: A Quick one/Happy Jack and Sell Out. Both come with
>>new liner notes and extra songs.
>
>   Yes, and so has Who's Next and My Generation. Supposedly MCA is going to
>put By Numbers, Odds and Sods, and Who are You out sometime before the end of
>this year, and Tommy and Quad are going to come out together in spring of 97.
>This is all fifteenth-hand info, so take it with a grain of salt.

Ok, I will take it with a grain of salt:) Here are the facts. The remasters
are as follows: Sell Out, A Quick One, Live At Leeds, Tommy, Who's Next,
and Quad. Yes, Tommy was released early this year, and Quad came out in the
summer. The others have been out for awhile now. Also, a new greatest hits
entitled My Generation: the Very Best of the Who came out a few weeks ago.
This is NOT the My Generation LP. That is being held off until MCA and
Polydor can settle with Shel Talmy (and get rights to the multitrack
masters so they can remix).

Due out soon (from Sony) is the Isle of Wight CD(s). Astley is working on
Odds and Sods as we speak, so that may be out sometime early next year. It
will be at least 2 CDs, hopefully more. By Numbers and WAY are due out in
November. I am not sure when they are due out, but Face Dances and It's
Hard _will_ be released (with bonus tracks of course).

Luke

- ---

LukPac@pitnet.net
http://www.corenet.net/lukpac/