Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V3 #616

On Fri, 22 Nov 1996 TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com wrote:

> From: dbowler@mgdestmx01.erin.gov.au
> Date: Fri, 22 Nov 96 11:55:53 EST
> Subject: Who's in Space?
>
> Last night I had the TV news on but with the volume way down when a snippet on
> the space shuttle came on - I could have sworn I heard them playing "I Can See
> For Miles".  Didn't get to the volume control in time to catch the details.
> Does anyone know more about this?  Nothing like playing the loudest band in the
> world to get a message out to the universe and beyond!

This _might_ have been a bit from _Apollo 13_.  ICSFM is on the
soundtrack, but only a tiny snip appears in the movie.

> From: QuietOne <drjimmy@cnj.digex.net>
> Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 20:44:58 -0500 (EST)
> Subject: Pete's F You all comment..
>
> I remember him telling some fans in the Beacon Theater in 1993 that he
> didn't play rock and roll for 25 years so that some big mouth fuck
> tell him what to play...or something close to that comment...Perhaps
> some other people that were at that show may remember it, I recall
> seeing some comments on that show on this list in the past..
> (Maybe Alan ??)

You got it.  I'd have to check the record <cough> to get the exact
wording.

- --
Alan McKendree        amck@eden.com        512-478-9900 x206
Adhesive Media, 101 W. 6th St., Ste. 210, Austin, TX   78701