RE: movie soundtracks

Last night, as happens on many nights, I typed merrily away at the
computer as my loving family gazed glassy-eyed at the telly located at
the other end of the room. Everything seemed perfectly normal. And then,
suddenly, I hear the opening "do do do do do do do do" of "Let My Love
Open The Door". *I* am the only person in the house with a copy of said
song, and *I* certainly wasn't the one playing it. No radios were on,
either.
"Well Yellow old girl," I say tmyself,!b "It's happened. You've finally
cracked. You're hallucinating Pete Townshend songs. Sad, isn't it? Ah
well, I always knew insanity would claim me sooner or later. At least I
can be crazy to decent music."
Then I heard a voice say, "Coming, this holiday season..." and I
realized that these sounds were coming from the telly and not my head.
I thought, "What are they doing, promoting
'Coolwalkingsmoothtalkingstraightsmokingfirestoking' as a great gift
giving idea? Sure, it's fab enough, but it's also been out for months!"
With this I turned to face the telly and was rather disheartened to see
it was just a dumb old movie ad! Yup, that same "Jerry Maguire" film
some of you have seen trailers for already. Doesn't look like a
particularly entralling film, but it was nice to know I hadn't gone
completely around the bend just yet.

                                        -Yellow Ledbetter,
who wonders who "LMLOTD" seems to be the only one of Pete's songs
regularly used in motion picture soundtracks. He's written a great many
OTHER songs as well, some of them quite good...
This message sent from The Net BBS 608-221-5702.
Telnet address: bbs.madnet.com