The Who at the Centrum

Hi Folks!

Went to the show at the Worcester Centrum on Tuesday night.  All in all a
very good show although they did come on a little late! (10:00pm)  How can
anyone complain about hearing Quad in its entirety.  I was sitting right to
the right of the stage (Pete's side) and had a great view of the
proceedings both on and behind the stage.  Our group even had the pleasure
of having Billy Idol stare at us, grab his crotch, and give us the finger
before he took the stage.  He wasn't really that bad, but I didn't see
where he and Gary Glitter added that much to the show.  The show was played
out in typical WHO fashion and all the boys seemed to be pumped up for the
night.  I would have liked to see Pete play a little more on the electric
guitar but as far as I'm concerned, no one plays the acoustic like Pete.
Roger's voice was in great form and The Ox stole the show with the solo on
5:15.  Even the governor of Massachusetts was on his feet on that one!  The
encore once again had Pete playing acoustic on WGFA which IMHO did a
disservice to the tune.  Pete did take out the electric on Love Reign O'er
Me and he played it to the hilt.  All in all a very enjoyable show along
with the pre and post show activities.  I go back to the early 70's
watching the WHO, even including seeing Keith fall off his drum set at the
old Boston Garden.  The are still a great act, but as to be expected, don't
quite generate the electricity they did in their prime.  I will always go
to their shows when they are in the area, although I think they were a
little over priced on this tour, which may have contributed to the many
less than sold out shows at different venues.  Time goes on but keep the
WHO coming!

Hope we can soon meet again!

Ray

From: wahorn@earthlink.net