technical stuff in Buffalo

        The first thing that comes to mind is Pete's duet with Simon at the
end of...  God, was it "The Rock"?  Yeah, it was.  I've never seen anyone
play guitar like that before.  It isn't that I wasn't impressedby Simon,
but... Pete is *Pete Townshend*, the man himself.  His acoustic strumming
was impeccable, as was his sense of humour.  (Pete, you never cease to amaze."
        On the topic of volume, various people have complained that the mix
was bad.  I, for one, thought it was just perfect after John turned his
volume up at the knob at his solo in 5:15.  Before that, I couldn't pick him
out at all, which was disconcerting.
        I thought Billy Idol was quite good for the part he played.  He
certainly had the greatest amount of interaction with the audience....  I
was somewhat upset by Roger kicking him as he left the stage as the Bellboy,
until I remember that he was the tough side of Jimmy and disappointed that
the Ace Face has been reduced to... that.
        I was impressed when he moderated his voice for "Some nights I still
sleep on the beach".  He didn't sound like Keith, or anything, but he did do it.
        Gary Glitter.  Gary... Glitter.  If only he'd learn to tap his foot
in time with the music!  You may have noticed that he stomps his foot, but
he's out of rhythm and can't get back in.  That might explain his too-fast
verse.  He's good for the character, though.
        As I said in another post, my skin went tingly when Roger hit the
high note on "stars" ("The stars are falling").  Have you ever sung with an
artist to sort of help him to hit a note?
        Mom says that no man who's 52 years old should look as good as he
does.  I told her that he's worked hard for it, and since he's got it to
flaunt it!  (Actually, it was funny to see her stare at him.  She never does
watching the Tommy movie - I tried to get her to like it by pointing out
Roger's buff bod, but it didn't work until she saw him live on stage.)
        John ain't called Thunderfingers for nothin'!  Whoa!  I have never
seen any human appendage move that fast.  (This is not a call for bad jokes.
Keep 'em to yourself.)  "Sofuckingfastit'sjustablur" would describe it most
aptly.  Most of us can only dream of playing that well.  Here's to you,
John!! <imagine a glass of something raised in the air>
        Zak wasn't too bad.  He copied Keith almost exactly in "The Rock".
I was just impressed that he could keep both pedals going....
        What is the name of the actor who played Jimmy in the video?  He was
quite the Keith-look-alike.
        Anyone look in their program and notice that Roger, for being quite
reluctant to participate in this venture, had a hell of a lot to do with the
directing and screen-writing, etc?
        Wow.  The first major concert I've been to, and it was the Who.  I
am truly in awe, now.  I can with certainty say that I've never spent a
better weekend.  Thanx everybody.

JenniferD
A Guitar          __   ____
"Every year it's the same, and I feel it again:
I'm a loser - no chance to win"  'I'm One', the Who